Tuesday, February 2, 2016

General Nonsen....err...I meant to say Political Correctness

  • Ok, so I'm sitting in my recliner watching tv, when something on it makes me say "what?".  As I said in my previous post, I have been finding myself lost in thoughts lately.  Well, the tv show that I was watching started my thoughts again.  Got me thinking about political correctness, also known as (at least to me), as General Nonsense.  The show,  that got me thinking, was dealing with "bullying".  The only thing was, the "bullying" was calling someone a name.  No punching, no wedgie, no getting squirted with a water gun full of urine...simply called a name.  So, I got to thinking.  When did our society become so sensitive that they can't even survive a word made of bad breath and hot air?  It seems, to me, that our younger people, or "millenials", have been conditioned to believe that they have a right not to be offended, laughed at, waved at, spoken to, or looked at in any way that makes them uncomfortable.  But in reality, in the real, or "corporate world", they will be offended, laughed at, waved to, spoken to and looked at by people that they may not be friends with.  They may have to shake hands with a boss that they don't like.  They may have to speak to customers that look at them with hate in their eyes.  They may have to get up earlier than they are "comfortable" with.  It's called being an adult.  I feel that our society has shifted to the point that nobody is prepared to handle life once they hit the age of 21.  The kids are conditioned to get their way for the sake of their feelings.  When did we get so offended and hurt by words??  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" was, once, a saying that made sense.  Now days, these hipsters would rather be pelted with stones and beaten with sticks, than be called "loser" or "fatso" or "Slim Pickens".  These politicians running around reinforcing these ideas aren't helping.  They paint a picture of everyone sitting around a fire singing "Kum Ba Yah" while sipping on a Mocha that one of their friends served them while getting paid $15 an hour to ring up sales. How long before those Mochas are made, served and sold by robots? This is the beginning of the avalanche.  Just as an avalanche can be triggered by loud noise, so will a political and economic avalanche be triggered by the loud cries of the hipsters who are offended by general nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment