Monday, January 16, 2017

I've been thinking

I was thinking....

I was thinking about being almost 36 years old. Thinking about what life has been, especially since High school. High school. HALF a LIFETIME AGO.  I thought about my friends. Friends from school, friends that I made after graduation, and friends made after getting married. The majority of them have not been a part of my life for several years. Some of that is because they moved away, but some of them live less than 5 minutes away.  I had a "sad" thought. Some of the people that I used to be closest to, I may never see again. And that's a shame. It's a shame that life becomes so stressful and busy that you neglect friends. I don't have a close family, and always considered some of my friends more as family than friends. But now I find myself looking life in the face,  wondering what the point is...  where does time go? Why do people just leave your life without a trace?   How can someone be so close to you,  yet so far away?  Life doesn't have to be that way. It's a choice. If you make time for what is important, then you will make time for WHO is important.

So, I have decided that I'm going to try to reach out to old friends....  Try to make the most of this life,  have as much fun as possible and hopefully, leave someone a little happier than I found them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment